Giovanni's Shrimp Truck (Oahu, Hawaii)

June 13, 2016 Monday

There are 3 main variety of favors at Giovanni's:

1. Scampi
2. Hot + Spicy
3. Lemon/Butter





We ordered all 3 varieties as seen from the pictures above. The best taste was the scampi one and the hot + spicy was too spicy, I couldn't really taste the shrimp. For a person that eats spicy food almost every day, even I couldn't handle the spiciness. It was way too much for me. My tongue was burning after eating 1 shrimp. The lemon/butter was not good either. It was way too sour. I felt like I was eating a lemon instead of a shrimp.


I am again amazed by the crowd since only the scampi tasted good to me. Maybe everyone ordered the scampi one?

On a side note, I was reading online after I came back and it says that Giovanni's uses frozen shrimp while Fumi's and Romy's farm their own shrimp next to their food stand. Also, Romy's is the only one that leaves the nicely trimmed head on.

In addition, another tip that was recommended is that you can order the hot & spicy from Giovanni's and asked them to put the spicy sauce on the side, so you can just dip a little bit of the sauce instead of the sauce covering the entire shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 16 -- Singapore

  6/24/2023 Saturday Itinerary: Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard Centre Hotel Food Republic 313 @ Somerset  Singapore Airlines SilverKris Busin...