Day 4 -- Tainan, Taipei

12/21/2016 Wednesday

We took the metro to Taipei Main Station to go to Taipei high speed rail station so that we can take the train to Tainan. It takes a little over 4 hours by car but with the high speed rail, it takes about 2 hours. 



Before getting on the train, we bought our lunch so that we can eat on the train. They also sell some food and drinks inside the train as well.







The seats on the train is a little more comfortable than the plane as it can recline more and has more leg space. There is also luggage space in the front and end of each train section to put our luggage.

Before we know it, we were already in Tainan and after reaching Tainan, we took the complimentary bus to my parents' house. It was a pretty long bus ride as the station is at the outskirts of Tainan and my parents' house is in the heart of Tainan city.

After about 30 minutes, we finally reached my parents house and my mom was waiting for us. The kids were really happy to see grandma as they haven't seen her for a few months. I left the kids with my mom and went to take a long nap. I haven't had a good sleep at Anthony's grandparents's house the last few days as they have a wooden bed with no mattress and it was way too stiff for my back.

My mom took the kids out to meet her friends and also to the playground while I catch up on my sleep. Later at night, my mom made us dinner and we went outside for a walk which concludes our first day in Tainan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 16 -- Singapore

  6/24/2023 Saturday Itinerary: Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard Centre Hotel Food Republic 313 @ Somerset  Singapore Airlines SilverKris Busin...