Day 12 -- Singapore

06/19/2018 Wednesday

Itinerary:
  • Breakfast at Hougang
  • Ang Mo Kio
  • Merlion Park
  • Orchard Road
  • Old Airport Road Hawker Center
My parents wanted to visit their friend today at Hougang where he lives, so we decided to head there for breakfast first.

We had bought the Tourist Pass from the airport yesterday so that we can take unlimited bus and MRT.








Following breakfast, we proceed to my parents' friend's place and we passed by my middle school. Although it's called high school but it's actually U.S. equivalent of middle school.


At my parents' friend's house which overlooks my old middle school.



After visiting him, we took the double decker bus to go to our old home in Singapore where I lived most of my childhood years.


Showing the kids where I used to stay during my childhood



Next, we went to buy some snacks that I have been missing. Mason being a nice gentleman, helped us carry a lot of the stuff while we headed back to our hotel when it started pouring heavily.



So, we decided to rest a little and eat lunch first.








While waiting for the MRT, we rested a little.



I highly recommend the shrimp roll and sliced chicken Bakkwa.  They are from a very famous brand Bee Cheng Hiang in Singapore. They are really good and since we can't bring meat home, so we ate it all while we were in Singapore.








When we returned to our rooms, we were surprised that they had decorated both our rooms as it was my parents' wedding anniversary.





My parents decided to stay at the hotel to take a nap while we ventured out to check out the Merlion statue in the Merlion Park. We took the MRT to Raffles Place and walked for about 10 minutes passing by Clarke Quay and The Fullerton Hotel.












At the Merlion Park





After showing the kids the Merlion statue, we decided to take them to Orchard Road which is one of the most popular shopping area in Singapore, a place that I spend most of the my teenager years at.






We spent some time shopping at the various malls in Orchard Road before we got tired and got some nice Boba tea.

Next, we took the kids to Old Airport Road to try out some of their famous food stalls. On the way there, the kids stopped by to have some fun.



It was a short walk from the MRT station and before we know it, we were at the Old Airport Road Hawker Center.









Even though I had lived in Singapore for 16 years but it's actually my first time here at the Old Airport Road Hawker Center as it was far away from my house.

We ordered many different famous food here and they were really good but since it was open air center, it was very hot while we ate.








After dinner, we headed back to our hotel so that the kids can play in the pool.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 16 -- Singapore

  6/24/2023 Saturday Itinerary: Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard Centre Hotel Food Republic 313 @ Somerset  Singapore Airlines SilverKris Busin...